Saturday, January 7, 2012

The Truth


Okay I am taking a small break from the Plan of Salvation to post about something I saw. I was driving and the car in front of me had a bumpersticker that read," The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." This reminded me of a statement made by the prophet Joseph Smith. He said,"I had actually seen a light, and in the midst of that light I saw two Personages, and they did in reality speak to me; and though I was hated and persecuted for saying that I had seen a vision, yet it was true... I have actually seen a vision; and who am I that I can withstand God, or why does the world think to make me deny what I have actually seen? For I had seen a vision; I knew it, and I knew that God knew it, and I could not deny it." Joseph Smith did see God the Father and Jesus Christ. They appeared to him and called him to restore the fullness of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Through The Book of Mormon and the Holy Ghost I have come to know the truthfulness of this. I have received an answer for myself and it is my foundation. I have found the truth. Have you?

No comments:

Post a Comment