Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Meaningful

Prayer and faith, they just naturally go together. Like peanut butter and jelly or Oreos and milk. Alone they are good, but together they are AMAZING! Lately thought I only seem to be getting one or the other. I came to realize it when I was reading The Book of Mormon and found this verse:

"O then despise not, and wonder not, but hearken unto the words of the Lord, and ask the Father in the name of Jesus for what things soever ye shall stand in need. Doubt not, but be believing, and begin as in times of old, and come unto the Lord with all your heart, and work out your own salvation with fear and trembling before him." (Mormon 9:27)

I wasn't doing both and therefore wasn't receiving the full help and blessings I could. So I made a change and what a difference it has made. I find my prayers are meaningful and that I have the Spirit with me more often. I am able to accomplish the work that I am called to with greater ability and success. It is wonderful! So what are you going to do to make your prayers more meaningful?


“As we speak of prayer, I emphasize the word meaningful. Simply saying prayers is quite a different thing from engaging in meaningful prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment