Saturday, March 24, 2012

Now or Later

There are two attributes I have always wanted to have: charity and humility. I can't even count the number of times I have prayed to be more charitable and humble. Year after year I pleaded for Heavenly Father to help me know how to attain them and make them a part of me. Many times He has helped me but I always felt like I just wasn't getting there. Sometimes I wondered if I would ever improve. But I continued to try and seek God's help.

Then I was given the opportunity to spend a lot of time with a person who was extremely charitable and humble. As I watched her it greatly influenced me. I found myself caring more and serving others. I thought less of myself and more of others. I was willing to share and sacrifice. I had charity and humlity. It was wonderful! God had given me an amazing opportunity to improve and grow.

I still have a lot to improve with being charitable and humble, yet I know God will help me. He will answer my prayers but it will be in His time and in His way. I just have to be patient.


To read the rest of the speech by Robert D. Hales, click here

No comments:

Post a Comment