Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Wrong Note

As a child my wonderful mother attempted to teach me how to play the piano. I say attempted because I was not the best student. The problem was what happened during our lessons. I would practice all week and then it came time to play what I had learned. All went well until I hit the wrong note. I could not move on from that wrong note. It required me to start over and over. Eventually I would start crying and give up. I could not get it right and so I was done. I wanted to play perfectly

And that was (and sometimes still is) the problem. I expected perfection now. If I cannot get it right, why even try? Because in the trying and practicing it is that we learn. Perfection is not automatic. It is a process of changing and refining my heart and soul. I am here to become like my Savior.



No comments:

Post a Comment