Friday, October 14, 2011

I Know this Bucket is True

Something I do often is testify of what I teach. But how do I know that what I say is true? How did I gain my testimony? Well there is a scripture from the Book of Mormon that has the answer. 

"And this is not all. Do ye not suppose that I know of these things myself? Behold, I testify unto you that I do know that these things whereof I have spoken are true. And how do ye suppose that I know of their surety?
Behold, I say unto you they are made known unto me by the Holy Spirit of God. Behold, I have fasted and prayed many days that I might know these things of myself. And now I do know of myself that they are true; for the Lord God hath made them manifest unto me by his Holy Spirit; and this is the spirit of revelation which is in me." (Alma 5:45-46

So I learned that what I teach is true by praying and asking God. He has all truth and knowledge. If we desire to know we must ask Him. So when I post about something and know that it is true, it is because I have asked my Heavenly Father and He has let me know through the Holy Ghost. The great thing is you can do this too. You don't have to automatically believe all I say or anyone else. Take it to the Lord and ask Him.


"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you" 

No comments:

Post a Comment