Saturday, February 18, 2012

Make Their Hearts as Gold

A few weeks ago I received a letter from my mom and in it she was quoting part of the song, "Consider the Lilies". I have always liked this song but until she wrote about it I have never really listened to what it was saying. The last part is my favorite.

Consider the sweet, tender children
Who must suffer on this earth.
The pains of all of them He carried
From the day of His birth.

He clothes the lilies of the field,
He feeds the lambs in His fold,
And He will heal those who trust Him,
And make their hearts as gold.

The Savior lived for us and suffered for us and loves us. He is perfectly aware of our pains and sorrows. And we can be healed if we but trust Him. Then will our hearts be as gold, bright and beautiful and whole.  

No comments:

Post a Comment