Saturday, May 12, 2012

Nightly Routine

A few months ago my mother sent me a picture of her sitting in her pj's at the end of my bed. As just a normal picture this would be kind of weird but it has meaning behind it. My mother is my best friend. She is the one person I will tell anything and everything to. Growing up (and even when I would come home from college) my mom would come to tuck me in and kiss me goodnight. It was a nightly routine and I loved it. Mostly because that is when we would talk. When my secrets, problems, stories, worries, and tears would come out. She would listen and care and love. Well when I received this picture it was a time when I was needing her and her love. Being hundreds of miles away she still knew I needed her love. So she sent me the picture to let me know she will always be there no matter how far apart we are. There isn't a day that goes by that my mother does not pray for me. And from those prayers I know that she receives inspiration from the Spirit, especially about her children. I am so grateful for a mother who lives worthy of God's guidance every day of her life. I love her so much.
(Isn't she beautiful? She is the best!)

1 comment:

  1. I DO think your mama is great! I also love that the two of you have established a tradition that helps you to be open to talk about anything.
    That's pretty cool :)

    ReplyDelete