Thursday, May 17, 2012

Small & Simple


Yesterday someone asked me how I felt about the Book of Mormon. My response? It is my best friend. Strange that a book can be my best friend but tis true. I can't even begin to count the number of times I have needed answers or comfort or help and the Book of Mormon has supplied. Page after page of inspiration and solutions just waiting. When I was young I heard the saying, "If you want to talk to God pray and if you want God to talk to you read the scriptures." I think from the moment I first heard that I believed it. If the Book of Mormon is the word of God of course it would be a way of Him communicating with me. Like letters and stories God wrote to me to help me along the way. I just love it.

But the Book of Mormon is my best friend for another reason. It is how I know that Christ's church on this earth is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The book comes with a promise. If you read it, ponder what it says, and sincerely ask God if it is His word then He will answer you. Well, I took the challenge and followed the instructions. And the Holy Ghost, as promised witnessed to me that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. That meant that Joseph Smith translated the Book of Mormon through the power of God, was called to be God's prophet, and restored Christ's church on this earth. Crazy that I can know all this because of one little book but hey "by small and simple things are great things brought to pass" (Alma 37:6). I got my answer and it carries me through all trials, tempests, and doubt. So here is my commitment to you: try it for yourself. Read the Book of Mormon (click here to get one for free), ponder what it says, and then get on your knees and through prayer ask God yourself. It is that simple. I promise that you will get an answer if you are sincere. God loves you and does answer prayers. And when He does you will have a new best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment