Saturday, May 26, 2012

Invitations

Invitations. These are a daily part of my life. I invite people to do things all the time. Will you come to church? Will you live the Word of Wisdom? Will you pray daily? Lately though I have been getting a few invitations myself. Except they come from my Heavenly Father. Will you be patient? Will you have hope in my Son? Will you be obedient? As I accept these invitations I realize how hard they can be to keep. I come to see how hard it is to repent, how hard it is to change. I keep trying and recommitting. And I have more compassion for those I teach. It is hard to change your life. It is hard to become like Christ. Yet through perseverance and a lot of help from above I slowly change. I start keeping my commitments. I actually change. And then I am filled with gratitude for those simple invitations from the One who loves me most. Will you accept His invitations and see how much He loves you?


No comments:

Post a Comment