Saturday, June 23, 2012

Questions

Something I have come to love is questions. They are a daily part of my life. I ask and others ask. I am pretty sure I prefer a question mark to any other punctuation. But why? (a question!)


Because they are challenges. They are adventures. They reveal the truth. They reveal knowledge. They are the beginning of change


Almost every morning that I study I write down questions. But theses aren't factual questions or deep doctrine questions. No, they are soul searching questions. Questions that cause me to think, to ponder, to evaluate. To take a look at myself and see where I am at. Am I like my Savior? Is the Lord happy with me? How can I improve? And as I ask myself these questions and think, I receive guidance from the Lord. He helps me answers those questions and sometimes the answers are painful and hard to accept. But that causes the change. The longing to do better comes. To find the peace that I am doing as our Savior wants.

So, my challenge today for you is to ask those soul searching questions. To look at your life and improve. Make those changes that your Savior wants you to make. Will you do it?


Ask, and it shall be given unto you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.



(And if you need help coming up with great questions read Alma 5. There are over 30 questions in there.)


No comments:

Post a Comment